To encourage graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and early career researchers to participate in the conference “The Humanities and the Rise of AI: Implications of Cultural and Societal Engineering”. The executive committee introduced this travel grants for early career researchers in 2017. The programme aims to help promising researchers travel to the ends of the humanities conferences that they would otherwise have not been able to attend due to a lack of funds. The grants, each of up to €1000 are available to promising early career scientists whose research is focused upon one of the subject areas covered by the conference to support the costs of travelling to and participating in the conference.
Please note that applicants are fully responsible for getting to the congress themselves, and all successful applicants will receive payment upon personal presentation at the conference in Luxembourg.
Apply for this grant at the time of abstract submission.
- Enrolment in a graduate training program or an appointment to a postdoctoral or early career position.
- Presenting author of a paper at the conference. Only candidates who have submitted an abstract for a paper presentation at the congress by 4 November 2019 are eligible for this program.
- Open to all nationalities
- Submission of an abstract of no more than 500 words by 4 November 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should be written in English.
- A letter of interest indicating why the candidate should be considered for a travel grant (one page).
- All awardees shall receive the payment on the basis of submitted invoices and receipts after the conference. No advance payments will be made.
- The travel support shall consist of a maximum value of 1000 € to (partly) cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- To receive their travel support, all awardees must be presenting at the conference.
- All applicants will be notified of the results by 20 December 2019.
- Confirmation of eligibility
- Quality of abstract submitted
- Quality of letter of interest
For questions related to the travel grants, please contact Isabell Baumann at email@example.com